What substances have been added to the Candidate List?
ECHA, on request of the European Commission or a Member State, may propose a substance to be identified as of very high concern (SVHC). If the substance is identified as such, it will be added to the Candidate List for its eventual inclusion in the authorisation list (REACH Annex XIV). The inclusion of a substance in the Candidate List creates law obligations for the companies producing, importing or using these substances as such, in preparations or in articles.
On January 15th 2019, six substances have been added to the Candidate List:
- 2,2-bis(4'-hydroxyphenyl)-4-methylpentane (CAS 6807-17-6)
- Benzo[k]fluoranthene (CAS 207-08-9)
- Fluoranthene (CAS 206-44-0)
- Phenanthrene (CAS 85-01-8)
- Pyrene (CAS 129-00-0)
- 1,7,7-trimethyl-3-(phenylmethylene)bicyclo[2.2.1]heptan-2-one (CAS 15087-24-8)
For more information on the Candidate List, visit these links: