Directive 2017/164: what’s new?
On January 31st 2017, european Directive 2017/164 has been published. This directive updates occupational exposure limit values by adding 25 new entries and editing 6 values that had already been specified in other european Directives.
This Directive came into force on February 21st 2017, therefore member states have time until August 21st 2018 to adapt themselves to this update.
The newly introduced limits are as follows:
- Acetic acid (CAS 64-19-7)
- Bisphenol A; 4,4′-Isopropylidenediphenol (CAS 80-05-7)
- 1,4-Dichlorobenzene; p-Dichlorobenzene (CAS 106-46-7)
- Calcium dihydroxide (CAS 1305-62-0)
- Lithium hydride (CAS 7580-67-8)
- Nitrogen monoxide (CAS 10102-43-9)
Examples of substances for which limit values have been edited are:
- Tetrachloroethylene (CAS 127-18-4)
- Ethyl acetate (CAS 141-78-6)
To access Directive 2017/164 click the following link: