Harmonised classification: substance proposals
On the ECHA website a series of substances can be found, for which a proposal of harmonised classification and related dossier exist:
- Tetrafluoroethylene (EC 204-126-9, CAS 116-14-3): the proposal, forwarded by Ireland, would add the following harmonised classification: Carc. 1B, H350.
- 4,4'-isopropylidenediphenol (EC 201-245-8, CAS 80-05-7), commonly known as Bisphenol A: the proposal, forwarded by Germany, would edit the existing harmonised classification as follows: Eye Dam. 1, H318; Skin Sens. 1, H317; Repr. 1B, H360F; STOT SE 3, H335; Aquatic Acute 1, H400; Aquatic Acute 1, M-factor=1; Aquatic Chronic 1, H410; Aquatic Chronic 1, M-factor=10.
Harmonised classification: intentions of proposal
There are new intentions of proposal regarding harmonised classification and labelling:
- 6-(3-pentapropenyl-2,5-dioxopyrrolidin-1-yl)hexanoic acid (EC 800-767-9, CAS 1424148-94-6)
- Toluene-4-sulphonohydrazide (EC 216-407-3 , CAS 1576-35-8)
We remind you that on the specific ECHA page for intentions of harmonised classification you can find further details on intentions concerning these substances.
Changes in the harmonised classification of substance "Pitch, coal tar, high-temperature" (EC: 266-028-2)
Following a judgment by the General Court of the European Union, the substance "Pitch, coal tar, high-temperature" (EC number 266-028-2) is no more classified as substance with acute aquatic toxicity category 1 and chronic aquatic toxicity category 1.
We remind you that the harmonised classification is a "minimum" classification. Therefore, if the manufacturer or importer has access to data or other information that would justify a classification more severe than the minimum harmonised classification, this more severe classification can be applied.
Selerant is already working on this specific update package for its solutions. In the meantime we suggest you to check this substance classification with your suppliers.
For further information concerning the harmonised classification according to CLP, follow these links:
- List of substances with proposal of harmonisation
- Judgent of the General Court of the European Union