The Food safety and Standards Authority of India has brought into force specific amendments to the existing regulation as of 23rd March, 2015. Major highlights include:
- Introduction of additional provisions to Infant formula and necessary specifications to be adhered to;
- Specific label for Processed cereal based complementary foods derived from single cereal;
- Permitted nutrients that can be added to fortified atta and their limits;
- Permitted nutrients that can be added to fortified maida and their limits;
- Permission to use oligofructose, plant stanol esters, trehalose as food ingredients for specified catogories of foods;
- Permission to use Sodium iron (III) Ethylene diamine tetracetate as an ingredient to beverages.
For the original source click here (in Indian & English)
All Indian food additives and contaminants limits are collected and maintained up to date in the REGDATA, Global Food Regulatory Library.