- List of Permitted Sweeteners
- List of Permitted Colouring Agents
- List of Permitted Emulsifying, Gelling, Stabilizing or Thickening Agents
With the above lists in force, Health Canada’s Food Directorate approves the use of food additives under various amendments published:
- Notice of Modification to the List of Permitted Sweeteners to Enable the Use of Steviol Glycosides from Saccharomyces cerevisiae Y63348 in a Variety of Foods on September 01, 2020 within the permissible limits allowed in food applications.
- Notice of Modification to List of Permitted Coloring Agents to Enable the Use of Spirulina Extract in Various Foods on September 04, 2020 as per GMP guidelines
- Enabling the use of Citric acid Esters of Mono- and diglycerides as an emulsifier in Whole Protein-Based Infant Formulas for Special Dietary Purposes on September 18, 2020 at a maximum level of 0.155% as consumed basis.
Check the full version in our Food News Monitoring System!