On April 14, 2017 National health and family planning commission of the People’s Republic of China (NHFPC) released No. 2017-4 notice (in Chinese), publishing GB 2761-2017 National food safety standard Mycotoxins in Food and GB 2762-2017 National food safety standard Maximum Levels of Contaminants in Foods. Both standards will enter into force on September 17, 2017 and will repeal their previous version GB 2761-2011 and GB 2762-2012.
Comparing to the previous version, GB2761-2017 and GB 2762-2017 include main changes as below,
- Both standards were added with relevant Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) regulated in GB 29922-2013 National Food Safety Standard General principles on formulas for special medical purposes, GB 22570-2014 National Food Safety Standard Complementary food nutrition supplement, GB 24154-2015 National Food Safety Standard General principles on nutritional foods for sport, GB 31601-2015 National Food Safety Standard Nutrition supplement food for pregnant and lactating women.
- Revised food category explanation in Appendix A of both standards.
- Updating the standard code of testing method.
- GB 2761-2017: Added Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) of Ochratoxin A in wine and coffee.
- GB 2762-2017: Deleted MRL of rare earth and add lead MRL for spirulina and its product.