The Standards Organization of Nigeria notified the general public of the introduction of PRODUCT AUTHENTICATION MARK (PAM) on all locally manufactured and imported products into Nigeria from the second quarter of 2018.
The objective of PAM is to assure consumers of product value for money, control of non-complying products in Nigerian market, promote market for local manufacturer and importer, to stop product adulteration by ensuring only certified product are in market.
Procedure for obtaining PAM
It can be done online for Manufacturers of MANCAP Certified Products and Importers of SONCAP Certified products.
- For Importer application for PAM stickers must be submitted before SON final clearance of goods from port entry.
- The application of pam shall be submitted before the production of every lot with certification information this applies for MANCAP certified products and
The Manufacturer shall provide half year estimated quantities of certified products retail/sales unit expected to be produced and pay for same.
Application of PAM on certified products
- Retail units of certified products which are from manufacturer, importer or authorized representative shall affix PAM.
- No imported product subject to this regulation will be allowed for sale in Nigerian markets without the PAM one month after the formal launch of the Mark.
- Importers and Local Manufacturers with large old stock after exceeded the dateline are advised to apply for PAM from SON.