On May 10, 2019, the South African Government published the Notice “Foodstuffs, Cosmetics and Disinfectants Act: Repeal of regulations under repealed Food, Drugs and Disinfectants Act, 1929.“
With this notification, the Regulations related to the products below and promulgated under the repealed “Food, Drugs and Disinfectants, 1929, (Act No. 13 of 1929)“, are repealed with immediate effect.
Regulations involved are the following:
- Regulation 11: Ice cream and ice -cream products
- Regulation 14: Meat and fish and their preparations: Edible fats and edible oils - (Except 14(4)(iii))
- Regulation 15: Tea
- Regulation 16: Coffee, coffee mixtures and preparations of coffee
- Regulation 17: Chicory
- Regulation 18: Cocoa and chocolate
- Regulation 27: Sugar, confectionery, dextrose and icing sugar
- Regulation 39 bis: Edible gelatin
Check the Food Law Library to get alerts on all recently published notices.