On June 24, 2021, the Food and Drug Administration of Taiwan published the "Amendment to Article 3 of the "Standards for veterinary drug residue limits in foods.”
The focal aspects of the regulation are summarized as follows:
- The Food Safety and Hygiene Act (hereinafter referred to as this law) Article 15 Paragraph 1 Paragraph 5 stipulates that the residual veterinary drug content exceeds the safe allowable limit.
- It is not allowed to manufacture, process, mix, package, transport, store, sell, import, export etc.
- The second paragraph of the article stipulates that the safety tolerance standard for residual veterinary drugs shall be determined by the central competent authority and relevant agency.
- To check on the allowable limits for consumer food safety within the stipulation of the standard.
- The four residual allowances of "coumaphos (Coumaphos or Coumafos)" in cattle muscle, liver, kidney, and fat have been revised.
- Addition of the seven residual allowances of "Gamithromycin" in cattle liver, kidney, fat; pig muscle, liver, kidney, fat (including skin), etc
The regulation entered into force on June 24, 2021.
To view the complete regulation and the Annex, check out the Food News Monitoring System.